Sunday, April 18, 2010

What we've been doing

This past week has been very eventful for us. First, Brent started a new job! He is temporarily working for the US Census until we move for Teach for America. This has been great for us to finally have a source of income!

As for me, I had my last day of class on Tuesday! Best day of my life. Haha. I still have two finals to take that I have diligently put off studying for. I am so close to the end it is hard to get myself to do the last couple of things. Plus this week I have finally been a stay at home mom. With Brent gone, I have had Brinley all to myself! She is amazing. We both had colds this week which put us down a bit but we are feeling great now.

Here are some fun things that we have been doing lately:

Making Strawberry Freezer Jam! Delicious. We made it last week and have already gone through a couple things of it. And yes, I did say WE made it. Brent was an active part of the jam making process. Especially since we did it on a Saturday night. You know you are an old married couple when that is what you do for fun.

I also finally made this book wreath I have been wanting to make forever. Brent's sister Jen always makes the cutest things, so I totally stole this from her. My wreath turned out alright for my first time. It's a little full but I still like it. And it does a wonderful job of covering up some of the holes on our wall. I just want to get some pictures of Brinley framed and our wall will be complete (well, as complete as it will get).


A few weeks ago Brent and I bought this chest from DI. We have enjoyed buying old pieces of furniture and painting them bright colors. I liked this chest because of the detailing on the doors. This chest: green. Green is my favorite but a little crazy to put onto furniture. I like it though. It does a good job at brightening things up in our apartment and holding all of our blankets.


Of course here is our lovely Brinley. She is a great baby. I have loved spending so much time with her this week!

Well I guess that is all for now. Thanks for reading such a long post!

Christa

5 comments:

  1. Cute!we are excited for your graduation and glad to hear Brent has been working. We need some birthday ideas for him to so text me if you think of anything. And man we are really going to miss you guys when you move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the chest! Ha! you guys should see Corryn's house. Every wall s painted some funky color like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You have been busy and productive! The green on that little chest/table is AWESOME! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath looks great,Christa! Way to go on the jam, it looks delicious. I love your green chest. It's even prettier in real life. You guys are so great. I'm glad you made it through this semester. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so dang cute! I want to come take pictures of your gorgeous baby girl sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete