Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bargain Shopping

I love bargain shopping. Getting something for pennies at a garage sale or from a thrift store can be so satisfying. Unfortunately in Greenville bargain shopping means getting something in poor condition for the same price as the same thing brand new. Really people? Somehow they can get away with it here. However, the other day I finally found a salvation army. It was a pretty sorry excuse for a store but I did happen to find a few things that worked. I got 3 outfits for Brinley for a total of 75 cents and they are all cute and in good condition. Add a book to that and the total came to $1.34. THAT is the type of bargain shopping I like.

Here is Brinley in her Ralph Lauren tennis outfit. She even wore it when I went to play tennis. haha.

Brinley has recently learned that she can stand up in her crib. The problem with this is that once she stands up she can't really get herself back down. So, although she used to be able to put herself back to sleep if she woke up in the night, she now can't because she is standing up.


This girl has been keeping me on my toes lately. She climbed up on these boxes under our end table. Keep in mind that we put those boxes there for the sole purpose of keeping her away from the wires that are behind them. Well I guess that idea didn't work too well. Anybody have any ideas on how to baby proof an apartment? I can't seem to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. I need help in that area too! Luke is constantly into cords, plugs, and garbage cans! I'll be keeping an eye on your comments here to see if I can get any good ideas also!
    Brinley is SO cute! Hope you are doing well in Mississippi. :)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brinley is getting so big!! I miss you guys so much! I will come visit you guys soon!! I just have to talk my dad into buying me a plane ticket to come down there!! Well I hope you guys are doing good! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete