Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Growing up

Today I was feeling a bit nostaligic.  I went back through all my old blog posts and realized how much I enjoy looking back at the things we have done and seeing pictures of my beautiful babies.  I realized that I hadn't posted about either of them since Elsie's birthday.  That was 8 months ago.  Wow they have grown up so much since then.  
Elsie is now 20 months old and is a little firecracker.  I could just watch her all day long.  everything she does has so much pizazz.  Whenever she gets excited she does a little jig that can't help but make you laugh.  She is obsessed with "babies" and will repeat anything you ask her to.  She is communicating so well and in most cases can tell you exactly what she wants, which can be either a good thing or a bad thing. Her favorite word right now is "mine." she is attempting to sing her abcs which means she says a few letters as you sing it.

Brinley is the sweetest little girl.  She asks me multiple times a day if she can "snuggle". Her favorite things to do are to help cook and paint.  She loves to help, whether or not her help is needed, causing me to do things like cut off my fingernail with a cheese grater. Brinley finally knows all her letters and is working on the sounds they make.  She is so busy and always wants to be doing something.   

These girls have become best friends.  When we had them so close together that was exactly what I hoped would happen.  I grew up very close to my siblings and I wanted Brinley to have that experience as well.  They love each other so much. I wouldn't have it any other way.  My job has become a lot easier lately because I don't have to be the sole entertainment for Brinley any more.  On the other hand I suppose it is also harder because I am playing mediator 75% of the time.    

These girls make me so happy.
dressup tea party. or  rather cookies and milk party.









They are growing up way way too fast.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I sure love those kiddos. Thanks for posting about them Christa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they do look so much more grown up since I last saw them! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! They are so grown up. Brinley's hair is so long too. They sure are cute little girls:)

    ReplyDelete