Thursday, February 25, 2010

Did you win?

Lately when I start talking to anyone I keep getting asked the question, "Did you win?" At first I was wondering what they were talking about but as they kept staring at my face I remembered why they would be asking me that. It looks like I just got in a fight. And lost.



And the truth is we did lose - my whole basketball team that is. I was playing intramural basketball when I tried to take a charge. I was going to let the guy who was dribbling the ball run into me because he was out of control and running right at me. I was waiting for like 2 seconds and at the last second he looked up and tried to miss me so he jumped to the side, taking out my knee and knocking me over. At the same time he fell forward and kicked his foot up behind him trying to keep his balance, kicking me in the face with the bottom of his shoe. And the ref called the foul on me?!?! Oh, well, getting bruises and a mini black eye makes it worth it. Too bad I don't have a better story to share.

I decided that the bruises would help me out in my other sports (for intimidation). If you don't believe me you haven't seen Little Giants.


(gotta love the bowling pin lamp and full-size mirror the kid has in his room)

I just don't think I'll try to put alka-seltzer in my mouth to psych out my opponents.

2 comments:

  1. Brent, you're so funny! It was great to see you last night. Thanks for providing Nate with such an awesome memory.

    ReplyDelete