Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thats the Future

So our computers have been pretty much dead ever since we started this blog. Maybe it is a sign that we shouldn't attempt a blog or maybe we just somehow got a virus when trying to download different backgrounds for our blog (I think its the latter). Either way thanks to my wonderful parents we have a computer to use for now until we get our computers figured out.

When Christa started this blog she asked me what we should title it. Neither of us had any good ideas but since I was watching college football at the time the only thing I could think of came from a commercial. It wasn't just any commercial, it was a hanes socks commercial. I know its sad, but its true. Whats even more sad is the fact that I actually like the commercial, mostly because I can relate to it.

How? Well sometimes I get crazy ideas in my head. Sometimes like at least once a day. Usually it relates to something that I don't like or that just aren't good enough (like socks that don't fit to our feet) and I decide that I need to change whatever it is. It usually is a stupid fix to a silly problem that doesn't matter in the first place (like wanting to change where the stereo is and moving our furniture and storage items just so I could put it somewhere more hidden - sorry babe).

In my mind these changes are brilliant - a perfect solution to a huge problem. In reality- not so much. I do have to give myself credit for one thing - I'm usually smart enough to ask my wife before I start dipping Brinley and my feet in a special paste that I invented.

I can also relate to the commercial because I have a wonderful wife who usually thinks of a quicker, smarter, easier way to fix all of the problems that I come up with. Unfortunately, many of her solutions include moving to another, bigger apartment that actually has closets for storage, but that's another topic.

Either way, the phrase That's the Future is a good title for our family for several reasons - 1. I am crazy and I think I know the future. 2. Christa actually sees the future. 3. Brinley is our future.

When I look at our little girl I see the future. She is it. Today she is 3 months old and she gets bigger and cuter by the minute. She is constantly changing and developing and I love her. Right now she is sitting in a baby carrier on my chest as I stand swaying back and forth to keep her asleep. It sure makes typing harder, but that's why It has taken me forever to actually get this written and why it probably seems so disconnected - I'm writing in 3 minute segments.

Today as I tried to make her happy I stood by a mirror that we have that is about head height for me. She couldn't see my face in the mirror and I couldn't see hers unless I was on my tippy toes. So as I would jump to my toes I could see her face in the mirror and she would look at mine and smile and do her little laugh that she is starting to do. She is so cute. It was our first little version of peekaboo. What a cute little girl.

Brinley is our future, and it never looked brighter.

Brent

3 comments:

  1. so cute! We love you guys. I wish we had known you are having computer issues, we have 3 extras here! We have them all listed for sale on Amazon, but if you need one or want to borrow one, let us know for sure. We have a desktop, a mac laptop and my old hp laptop (which you don't want). Let me know if you want to borrow one and we can bring it down next time.
    P.s. hope the coupon bags keep you busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post you guys! I am excited for more to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brent I LOVE this post and I love your blog and I love Christa and Brinley toO! If you are feeling crazy that's because it runs in the family! :)
    you are awesome, hang in there!
    E

    ReplyDelete