Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 2: Utah

After our trip to California we drove to Utah to visit for a few days.  We had a blast going to the zoo with cousins.  Brinley's favorite thing right now is animals.  It doesn't matter what it is, she is fascinated by anything that moves and semi resembles a dog (or cat, or bug, or bird or whatever).  Her favorite things from the zoo were the monkeys.  I now hear monkeys at all times of day, coming from Brinley of course.


I was able to take some pictures of Brinley for Fathers Day while in Utah.  I put these three in a frame, but for some reason the formatting is a little weird in a collage, and I gave up. You can get the idea though.

Brent is the best father and husband anyone could ask for. We sure lucked out. We love you Brent!

After spending a few days in Utah we actually went back to California to spend a week at the beach.  Pictures from that to come shortly (in my time that generally means anywhere between 1 day and never).  We then went back to Utah.  Are you confused/bored/sick of driving yet?  Yes, we did a lot of driving back and forth, but it was well worth it.  On our second round to Utah I spent a lot of time with my two awesome sisters making baby blankets and other things.  This is one of the things I miss the most about living in Utah.  I wish I could just hang out with them all the time.  They are great.  Here are the things that I made while there:
A cuddly receiving blanket

A cover for our changing pad.  The top part is super soft fabric.  Brinley loves it.

A new nursing cover.  My old one shrunk when I washed it so it wasn't long enough.  Hopefully this one will work better! Plus I think it's kind of cute.

I sure miss spending time with our families and can't wait for everyone to come out to Mississippi and visit - hint, hint.

1 comment:

  1. cute projects! I would love to hear if your sister did her rug and if it turned out.

    ReplyDelete