Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 3: Newport Beach California

Hey look at that, I am actually writing the post that I said I would!  Following through. I am working on it. 

The third leg of our summer trip consisted of us driving back to California (I know, more driving).  Brent's grandpa who recently passed away had a beach house there that we were able to stay at.  The beach was AMAZING.  It was one of the most relaxing weeks we have had in a while.  

Brinley loved loved loved the beach. Playing in the sand could keep her entertained for hours.  She even liked eating crackers covered in sand.  Not my snack of choice, but she didn't seem to mind.  When it comes to water, this girl has no fear.  She would just run straight toward the waves, not even knowing what was about to hit her.  

We spent the week with Brent's sister and her husband, Kristen and Jake.  We had a blast with them.  They were even kind enough to watch Brinley one night so we could go out for our anniversary.  Brent, the romantic that he is (haha), proposed while we were in Newport beach three years ago.  It was fun to have a night to ourselves.  


Frozen bananas and a round...or two, or three...of canasta filled each evening, despite my horrible losing streak. Thanks for putting up with us and our crazy kid for a whole week Kristen and Jake!

This 100+ degree weather is making me wish I was there right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment