Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Newport Beach Part 2

This year our Newport Beach trip was awesome.  We got to invite our good friends Natalie and Bretton Wall and their little boy Charlie.  Charlie has been Brinley's best friend for the past two years while we were in Mississippi.  It was great to have one last hurrah with them since we moved to Colorado and they are moving to Michigan.  They were great to put up with us too. The second half of our trip we spent with Brent's sister Kristen and her husband Jake.  I kind of like them too:)

This year I really wanted to try surfing.  So crazy Brent up and bought me a surfboard for $50 off of craigslist.  It was a blast trying it.  It also made me tired.  Really really tired.  

The best part of the trip was finishing a book!  I don't know why but it is so hard for me to find time to read these days, and reading is one of my favorite things. Thanks to Brent for letting me go out on the beach by myself while the kids slept. Sigh.  I want to do that right now. 

My memories of going to the beach are some of my favorite.  Brent proposed to me while we were there 4 years ago.  How can it not be one of my favorite places?  I am glad we now get to share it with these cuties. There is nothing more fun than seeing the joy the beach gives to them.
I want to go back. But for now I will just look at these pictures.

Completely off the subject, I just posted about an apron I made for Brinley here. Two posts in 1 day.  That is more than I have done in the past 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment