Thursday, March 18, 2010

Car seat cover

I finally got a sewing machine! I inherited my Grandma's sewing machine about a year ago but just last Sunday found it at my mom's house. Yay! So, a couple of days ago I did a project that I have been waiting to do for a while. My sister is having a baby in May so I made her this car seat cover. I love the fabric on the top. I think it is adorable. It's definitely not made of the best craftsmanship, but hopefully it will hold up long enough for her.


This is one of the bows I put on top of the straps. I love this addition. However, it took me about as long to do the bows as the rest of the cover. Haha. I don't think I will be doing them again. Or maybe I will just figure out an easier way to do them.


The inside:


I really want to keep it for myself but I found some fabric a few days ago that I want to make another one out of for me. The fabric is a little expensive but goes on sale today so I will be able to get it. Wow. I really should be doing homework. Oh well. This is more fun.

Of course I couldn't leave without posting some pictures of Brinley. Here she is:







3 comments:

  1. Um, can you teach me how to sew? That is awesome! And such cute fabric. Brinley is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful Christa! She looks just like her mama I think. And you're so crafty, someday I'll have a baby and you can teach me to make cool things deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa you did such a good job on the car seat cover!! I think it's way cute!! And your baby is way cute too! But you already knew that!!

    ReplyDelete