Thursday, February 17, 2011

My momma

This last week my mom came into town to spend some time with us. What a treat it was! I was kind of having a hard time missing my family so my mom decided she was going to come, and a few days later she was here! It was amazing to have a break from the daily routine. I even felt like I was the one on vacation. We spent a lot of time touring Mississippi and Arkansas, visiting antique stores, shopping, eating, playing games, and camping out in our living room. My mom was a champ and spent the whole time sleeping in our living room on an air mattress (and if you know my mom this is quite unusual). She has only been gone for a day and I already miss her. Thankfully we’ll be headed out to Utah in just a few weeks!


Brinley hanging out in my mom's suitcase.



My mom was here on Valentines Day so we had a blast cooking up our Valentines dinner this year. Every year since we have been dating Brent and I have gone to a Thai restaurant for Valentines Day. Best place to go on Valentines Day by the way, no lines or crowd and the best food ever! However, this year we happen to live in a place where there isn’t a Thai restaurant within 100 miles. Since my mom was in town anyway we decided to cook up a Thai meal. It turned out perfect! We had yellow curry, cashew chicken, and mangoes with sticky rice. My ideal meal.



yellow curry

Cashew chicken

Thanks mom for everything! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. how fun!! I want to learn how to make those meals! We got Indian food on Valentines :)
    If we are going to be able to see you when you are here, let me know. But I totally understand because it's for a siblings wedding. :) But if you need us to help watch Brinley or anything, let us know. It is definitely worth the drive down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to have your mom visit. How fun. Did you find anything great at the antique shops? when are you in UTah?
    E

    ReplyDelete