Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Number 2: She's a girl!!!

That's right we are expecting another little girl! We had our 20 week ultrasound today and found out that the little thing rolling around in my tummy is GIRL!

Brinley and number 2 (for lack of a better name at this point) will be 21 months apart. Just what we wanted. I am due on August 13th. Don't worry, all of my siblings have already made me aware that this date doesn't work for them so we have decided that August 6th is a better date. So that's what we are shooting for :)

I am a little bit nervous about having a baby in Greenville, Mississippi. I had a great experience having Brin at Orem Community hospital with a great doctor. I have already heard about some bad experiences having babies here. But it's going to happen anyway. Luckily I feel fairly confident with my doctor. Just hoping that it all works out which I am sure it will.

This pregnancy so far has been...well not as much fun as the last (not that it was fun either). I have been a LOT sicker than I was with Brinley, and it is just barely starting to slow down. I am extremely grateful for some of the marvels of modern medicine, namely anti-nausea medication. When I was prego with Brin you couldn't really tell that I was even pregnant at 20 weeks. This time there is no question I look pregnant. I guess you just balloon up faster with your second.

We are trying to help Brinley understand that she going to be a big sister. She knows what babies are, so we always point to my belly and tell her there is a baby in there. Yesterday, she lifted up my shirt and gave my stomach kisses over and over again. She knows something is going on in there! It was a perfect moment. My little girl is growing up.

We are so excited that Brinley is going to have a little sister. And I guess it's pretty great that I get to be a mommy to TWO kidlets. We can't wait for our little family to grow, yet at the same time it is coming all too quickly.

7 comments:

  1. Um, did I miss somewhere you announcing this pregnancy?! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, that is so wonderful! Your cute girls will be darling together! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy, yay for the 2nd trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Don't worry Christa I'll come help you when you have your baby! haha I really do want to come see you though when you have your baby! If you have her on August 6th she'll have the same birthday as my mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOw fantastic! I'm so happy for you two. You and baby's safe delivery will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! I was looking at your post after this one for the basketball game in New Orleans and I thought, hmm... Christa is looking a little pregnant, cuz I hadn't read this yet!!! So I am glad you are pregnant! Congrats! I am expecting also. I'm due in November.

    ReplyDelete