Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Wuv of my Wife

Well it's pretty awesome when I intend to post about how amazing my wife is for her birthday and instead she posts about me. Not saying I'm not amazing or anything, but the world needs to know how amazing she is. She is always thinking of others, even on her birthday.

Happy (late) Birthday Christa! You are an incredible wife. You treat me with kindness every moment (even when you punch my arm to see if I'm still strong and tough).

I think one way to measure all you do is not by how much you get done in a day but by how much you influence others every day. Your influence is everywhere. You inspire me to be nicer, harder working, tougher, stronger, more tender, more caring, more spontaneous, more loving, and more selfless. You influence me in every possible way by your example. You are always thinking of people other than yourself.

You influence Brinley, teaching her to be happy, smile, love books, help her eat right, explore, make friends, and in general be the amazing little girl she is.

You put Brinley and our family ahead of your personal desires. I can't explain how special and unique you are in a world that shouts "take care of YOURSELF first, do what YOU want to do, live YOUR life to the fullest, and if you have time and feel like it and are that type of person THEN think of others and family. But only when it's convenient."

You have committed every day to our family when it's convenient and especially when it's not. We have committed our whole lives to each other. It has been the best decision I could have ever made - to be forever linked to you.

You are the most amazing person and I will forever thank my Father in Heaven for you.

I love you,
Brent (and Brinley)

3 comments:

  1. so sweet. You guys are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very kind and sincere. I agree with all of her awesome qualities! We love you Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me cry a little. That is what a marriage is all about. You too are so sweet and the love just oozes off the screen.

    ReplyDelete