Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Withdrawal

Today is the day I officially begin experiencing withdrawal.  I'm addicted to sports and more specifically, college football.  Those who know me know that this happens once a year right after the BCS National Championship Game.  I don't usually watch much NFL football so that doesn't really keep me happy.  Seeing the Broncos win last week sure is helping though.  They even play on Saturday this week.

The long months of Basketball, Baseball, and Hockey don't compare to what the few short months the football season gives to me.  Football season is the best time of the year.  Football is the best sport. And it isn't close.  I enjoy all other sports but I always need a good month after football season before I can begin enjoy them fully.  For the first while when I watch basketball and am generally disinterested (unless it's BYU or a Nuggets game). It just isn't the same.

I know it will wear off and I will get used to sports without football (probably just in time for BYU Spring practice when I start getting the itch for football again).  While I wait for the addiction to wear off I will lean heavily on my love for the Broncos.  Here's hoping that they keep me occupied for a few more weeks to come.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the Broncos can sustain you for a little while. I agree the basketball season doesn;t feel nearly as exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad and I agree,we were really enjoying the bowl games. Wouldn't it be fun if the Bronco's won tonight!!!

      Delete