Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!

Today is a great day. It's Father's Day! I get to spend the whole day with my own dad. But there is one problem. Brinley doesn't get to be with her dad, and I don't get to be with my husband. So I want to say to Brent on behalf of Brinley and myself, happy Father's Day! We both love you more than anything and miss you so much, especially on your special day.


Here are only some of the billions of reasons that we love you Brent:

1. You are always showing us that you love us too. Everything that you do is so genuine. Thanks for spending so much time on the phone with me lately and lifting me up. I know you really care.

Brent is always doing little things for me and Brinley to show us how much he loves us. For example, last semester Brent helped me so much to be able to get through my last few months of school with a baby. I couldn’t have done it without him.

2. You are so much fun to be around!

For anyone who knows Brent, you know that he always wants to be playing. All of our nieces and nephews love Brent so much because he takes the time to go out and have fun with them. He is always coming up with some sort of game, activity, or competition to do. Life is never dull when we are around you and I love playing with you!

3. You are so understanding and patient with me. Whenever I am being irrational (which may be a little too often), you are patient and never get upset. You just help me through it and I really appreciate it.

I am so thankful I married a man who is so level headed. For the almost two years that we have been married I have never seen Brent very upset and have never heard him raise his voice in an angry tone. It keeps our lives so much more peaceful. I feel like this is not necessarily a talent that I have, so being married to someone who helps to remind me to stay calm is really a blessing.

4. You are so trustworthy. You are one of the only people I know I will never have to worry about. You stay true to your word. You always do what you know is right. Again, you are what gives us so much stability in our relationship.

Me and Brent will be apart for a month, but I know that he will continue to be the exact same person apart from me as he is with me.

5. You are a great provider, protector, and presider.

Brent is working so hard right now in Mississippi. Everyday he wakes up at 4:15 in the morning and works hard all day. All I know is that if I had to wake up that early, I wouldn’t even be functional. He is also a great leader in our house and a great father to Brinley. She got the best.

6. You make me want to be a better person. I have learned so much from your example ever since I have known you. I hope that Brinley will be able to learn from you the way that I have. You are the best person that I have ever known. Somehow I got lucky and tricked you into marrying me.

Brent as a daddy:








Thanks for being the best dad and husband in the world. I can't wait until I can be with you again. Happy Father's Day! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Christa I second all of those qualities you pointed out in Brent. Brent, you are an awesome guy!
    I hope this time goes quickly and you are able to settle into your new home together! Love you guys!
    E

    ReplyDelete