Thursday, June 24, 2010

Name of the Day

So I have a few minutes to spare right now(read - I should be doing a lesson plan before a meeting I have in a little bit) so I thought I'd share a tiny note about life as a teacher! I am loving teaching and laboring through all the lesson planning and other things I have to do at the same time. If being a teacher was just spending time in front of a class, it would be such a fun job, but honestly, right now, if I get 5 hours of sleep in my bed at night I consider it a success. I would say the average sleep time for the past week and a half during the weekdays is 3.5 hours a night. Its hard not to fall asleep during all the meetings and classes I am taking in between my classes that I teach.

Anyway, the thing I wanted to post about was a little note about some of the awesome names of kids in my class. I'll share one or two when I can. I think their names are awesome. Living here may have an effect on how I name my future children. Many of the children in my class have interesting names, but there are also some fairly conventional names, like my sister's beautiful name - Jennifer.

The first name of the day is Uniqua. It's pronounced like unique, but with a wuh sound at the end. The name is much like the girl - pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Uniqua, like on the backyardigans! How funny. I am sure you are doing a great job. Good luck with getting more sleep - you need it!

    ReplyDelete